Protection of data
Information gathered will be strictly safeguarded and stored in a safe manner. We will limit the mandatory collection of consumer information to the minimum required to provide necessary services.
We will not share your personal information with any person or corporation in any way whatsoever.
Information collected by This site is treated as confidential, no personally identifiable information will be released to any unauthorized individual or to any company, creditor, collection agent, credit reporting agency or other non-governmental entity. This site reserves the right to collect information regarding the use of its website and programs. This site promises not to sell, rent, loan, lease or trade your contact information or email address.
Affiliate program information
davesherwin.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
davesherwin.com recommends various products and services and makes money, at no additional cost to you, if you purchase those products. All links on the site should be considered “affiliate links” even if they are not. Just assume that if you click on a link and make a purchase, davesherwin.com probably makes money from that.
Use of visitor data
For advertising purposes, we use third party advertising companies that may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising purposes. This ensures ads are generally displayed to those customers who would find them of most interest.
What data we collect
- – Activity on our website. For example, what pages you visit when, what products you put in a shopping cart or purchase, how much time was spent on each page, etc.
- – Device and browser information. Whether a visitor is using a mobile device or desk top, devices IP address, cookie string data, operating system, and device type and unique identifier, such as whether an iPhone or Android device
- – Ad data. If we display advertising, we try to understand how which ads were served, how many times, what page it was on, and whether there was interaction with the ad. This allows us to improve our advertising to be effective, and not advertise to those who aren’t responding.
- – E-mail. We capture the e-mail address to send receipts and follow up information to all purchasers. In addition, users may enter their e-mail addresses into various forms on our website in order to receive newsletters etc. from us.
- – We use third party platforms and advertising agencies to help us collect and manage this data effectively, and to place cookies on browsers for this purpose.
How we use the data we collect.
- – We are a small company with limited marketing resources so need to spend our advertising dollars wisely. To do this, we try to advertise only to those people who are most likely to appreciate our message, such as past customers, people who have visited our website, or people who follow us on social media, or prospective customers that have an interest in the health and supplement industry. So we strive to target our advertising to those groups primarily.
- – Targeting. We use information we collect on the website to send relevant ads to those visitors on other websites.
- – Frequency capping. We try to not show ads too many times to people, just enough to get the message across.
- – Cross Device matching. We try to identify the devices you use to control the advertising shown. For example, cross device matching helps us NOT show you ads for the product you were looking for on your phone but already bought on your tablet.
- – Reporting. We use date we collect to gain insights into our customers and what is effective. This includes metrics such as impressions, clicks, purchases, performance of ads.
To learn more about advertising generally and re-targeted advertising, and how to opt out of such advertising, visit http://www.aboutads.info.
For further information regarding any of these policies use the “Contact Dave” page.